Coaching and Leadership Development
Coaching and leading with integrity can give an organization a unique competitive advantage.
Assisting clients establish a long term continuous improvement sales coaching strategy, and selecting the appropriate sales coaching and leadership development programs for your organization, are critical components when building a high performance sales organization that outperforms your competition.
ESTABLISHING A STRATEGY AND GOALS FOR COACHING & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
We at Richard James & Partners do not consider coaching and leadership development to be a one time “event” but rather one that starts when a new manager begins employment, is enhanced throughout the first year and every year thereafter. It is a highly defined methodology that accomplishes the following goals:
- Coaching Skills: Enhance the leadership and coaching skills, short term, and year by year, resulting in measurable, dramatically improved productivity of the sales manager and each person on the sales team.
- Coaching Effectiveness: Quantify the effectiveness of sales managers. Are they doing the right activities; implementing and sustaining the knowledge & enthusiasm gained from sales training programs; helping sales people develop unconscious, automatic, customer – focused sales habits resulting in measurable and dramatically improved sales results; transforming sales people into a high performance team.
- Annual Evaluations: Measure the Sales Manager effectiveness every year, as perceived by the supervisor, subordinates, peers, customers and others impacted by their performance.
- ROI: Is the organization realizing a very high return on the investment made in the coaching and leadership development process.
REASONS WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE RICHARD JAMES & PARTNERS COACHING AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES OVER OTHER COACHING OPTIONS
1. Leadership Assessment
Using the most sophisticate diagnostic tools available, RJP begins the leadership coaching and development process by identifying the goals, skills and behaviors of the current sales management team in order to determine if they have the right leadership necessary to transform your organization into a high performance team.
2. We Predict Performance Improvement
There is a difference between claims and reality!! Richard James & Partners assists clients build high-performance sales leadership teams that outperform their competition. Your sales leadership team is your competitive advantage regardless of economic circumstances or market challenges. Successful companies recognize the importance of sales coaching and leadership development and consistently invest in enhancing the skills of their sales managers, year after year.
There is a defined methodology to leadership coaching, and we believe there is none better than the program we provide with our strategic partner Integrity Solutions. RJP and Integrity Solutions have been providing breakthrough Integrity Coaching methodology that has improved the competence and confidence of sales managers around the world for over 40 years. Dr. Steven Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People said “WOW! This integrity selling training and coaching material is a "10"!
3. Sales Coaching and Leadership Development Is A Long Term Process, Not An Event
We at Richard James & Partners do not consider sales training to be a one time “event” but rather one that begins when a new person begins employment, is enhanced by the sales manager throughout the year, and is enhanced every year thereafter.
There are a lot of choices out there to select from when deciding on what approach to take for sales coaching and leadership development. Historically, sales executives sent their managers to one day training programs, or utilized psychologists or “coaches” from outside their organizations that were high on promise but did not deliver the desired leadership behavior changes in their sales managers, or the sales revenue increases they desired. There is only one organization, Richard James & Partners, in collaboration with its clients, focus on coaching the sales manager to be a high performance sales coach, establish a long term continuous improvement leadership development strategy, including metrics and accountability, that assists clients build a high performance sales management organization that outperforms their competition.
4. Sales Coaching and Leadership Development Methodology
There is a defined methodology to leadership coaching, and we believe there is none better than the program we provide with our strategic partner Integrity Solutions. RJP, in a strategic partnership with Integrity Solutions, has been providing breakthrough Integrity Coaching methodology that has improved the competence and confidence of sales managers around the world for over 40 years. Dr. Steven Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People said “WOW! This integrity selling training and coaching material is a "10"!
5. Managing Versus Coaching Skills
Managing and coaching are indeed two separate sets of skills. Managers’ time is often occupied with solving problems, managing budgets, and putting out fires. The RJP and Integrity Coaching methodology allows sales managers, responsible for a sales team who are generating revenue, to free up more of their time for coaching. Coaching is building people. It’s helping them set and achieve higher goals. It’s creating a positive, challenging environment where people motivate themselves and continually perform on higher and higher levels. It’s only when you develop sales people that you build your high performing leadership and sales team. Long-term, it can’t be otherwise.
6. Overcoming The Law of Limited Performance
There’s a natural law at work in every organization that, if allowed to express itself, will guarantee mediocrity. It’s the Law of Limited Performance! And here’s what it is. Sales people soon discover the level of performance their manager will settle for and gravitate to that level. Managers then assume that’s all their sales people are capable of achieving, so they accept it as fact and quit challenging their people to get better. So, both reinforce what the other believes. 80% of sales people will perform below their potential unless encouraged and challenged by their sales manager. How do you break this natural law? Under the guidance of a RJP Coach, your managers, in weekly meetings set goals, report successes and begin doing hands-on coaching with their sales team. This gets your managers and sales people setting higher and higher goals. The process also teaches the managers to hold themselves and their sales people accountable while achieving higher performance more quickly!
7. We Are Strategic Partners With Our Clients
A number of coaching and leadership development companies will sell you a program and let the results up to you.
At Richard James & Partners, we:
- Assess your current leadership skills to establish base line data for development.
- Learn and understand your sales goals, the various types of customers and their unique purchasing needs, the mix of your current sales team and the different kinds of leadership skills and behavior your managers may need to be effective.
- See ourselves as a member of your sales leadership team, not a vendor of coaching and leadership development.
- 360/720 Multi Raters of Manager Performance
Traditionally, managers are evaluated by whether they hit their sales revenue and profit budgets. RJP recommends that evaluation also include how well managers are coaching their team. In addition to the traditional evaluation by the incumbent and the immediate supervisor, we suggest that evaluations also be done by peers, direct reports, key customers [if appropriate] and others in the organization who are impacted by this manager’s performance.
8. We Provide A Return On Investment From Coaching
Richard James & Partners delivers outcome!! By using Integrity Coaching and the RJP strategy for continuous improvement, we will enhance the “coaching skills” of your current leadership team and assure they are doing the right activities needed to transform sales people into a high performance team. Measurements such revenue growth, new customers, profitability, customer satisfaction, reduced turnover etc. may be published each year to assure a high return on investment.
For more information about the RJP approach to sales coaching and leadership development, and why it is a critical component of a long term continuous improvement strategy to building a high performance organization that outperforms your competition, contact Richard James & Partners.